· 2022- Postdoc Researcher_Margarita Salas Postdoc fellowship at Dept. PVCF, UdL, Spain.
· 2021- Research Associate at Dept. Crop Physiology, University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru, India.
· 2015- Senior Research Fellow at Indian Institute of Horticultural Research, Bengaluru, India.
· PhD- Universitat de Lleida, Lleida, Spain (2020)
· MSc (Agri.)- University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru, India (2015)
· BSc (Agri.)- University of agricultural Sciences, Dharwad, India (2013)
My research focus is on understanding and improving grain yield and productivity of crops, mainly wheat and Rice, under ever changing and challenging climate while causing least damage to the environment. I am currently working on a project to understand the effect of high temperature on spike fertility of wheat which affects grain yield. Heat waves have become more frequent and erratic affecting most wheat growing regions in the world therefore becoming the “hot topic” of the current and future wheat improvements programs
Basavaraddi, P.A., Savin, R., Sukumaran S., Reynolds, M. P., Griffiths, S. and Slafer, G. A., Genotypic differences in wheat yield determinants within a NAM population based on elite parents. European Journal of Agronomy,123, (2021), ISSN 1161-0301.
Basavaraddi, P.A., Savin, R., Wingen, L.U. et al. Interactions between two QTLs for time to anthesis on spike development and fertility in wheat. Scientific Reports 11, 2451 (2021).
Basavaraddi, P.A., Savin, R., Griffiths, S. and Slafer, G. A., Wheat developmental traits as affected by the interaction between Eps-7D and temperature under contrasting photoperiods with insensitive Ppd-D1 background. Plants 10, 547 (2021).
Basavaraddi, P.A., Savin, R., Griffiths, S. and Slafer, G. A., Phenology and floret development as affected by the interaction between Eps-7D and Ppd-D1. Plants 10, 533 (2021).
Per mes informació (Consultes GREC)